Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nuggets Bend Over for the Lakers

Ok, I know it doesn't seem appropriate for a Nugget's Fan to say it, but hey, what else can you say? We were dominated by these Lakers 3 times this season, and now we give up winnable games another 3 times to set ourselves up for what is possibly the only sweep in the first round of the Playoffs. That is "Bending Over" in my book.

Here are some points to ponder:

* If coach Karl is telling the players to do things that they are NOT doing, shouldn't they be mouthing off to each other and calling each other out?

* Why did it take Coach Karl 83 games before he noticed that we are mismatched with certain teams like the Lakers?

* Does Coach Karl want his son and the Lakers to advance is that why he is not coaching this Talent-Filled team?

* Early in the season, I suggested that the Nuggs especially AI-Melo put some set plays together a la Stockton & Malone but much more potent, but NNOOO.... 1 on 1 or just settling for the jump shot is SSOOO much better.. =P'

* Before the Playoffs started, I suggested that the All-Star Nuggs AI & Melo don't try to do it themselves but what do they do? Yup! Settle for the jumper with no passes, over and over and over and over... well, you get the idea.

* After Game 1, I suggested that way to beat the Lakers is to learn how to defend their FAKE & PASS or DRIVE & PASS until they hit the OPEN MAN Offense. But NNOOOO... let's look stoopid and just let the lesser players make OPEN shots. When I say lesser players I don't mean Kobe, I mean these guys making the OPEN shots that didn't used to make them.

* I put all of these suggestions on Melo's Blog too, obviously who am I for "Professionals" to listen to but, I think I was right, don't you? So either I am being ignored or Melo doesn't read the comments on his own BLOG.

* Don't the Denver Nuggets have Analysts & Coaching Staff? Why have they not figured these things out??

* How can a team with at least 5 players that can score 30 in a game get swept over and over again by a team with only 2 players that can score 30 in a game, albeit one of them can score 81 but hey, not every night.

* Everyone keeps deferring the leadership role to Melo but here's my thing: Melo is young, he is obviously still making a lot of mistakes. Why not defer the Leadership of the team to the veterans like AI and Marcus until such time Melo has matured, learned from the veterans and is ready to take over. Right now I don't see anyone being the true floor leader of this team, if it is Melo, then everyone is following the leader and just settling for jump shots time and again.

I could go on and on with all of my thoughts on these, but it makes no difference, I am just talking to myself to keep my sanity.

Well folks, it could be the end of this season, this opportunity & possibly this team since Management may see the problem as being certain players and not the coaching staff.

I'd love for us to get at least 1 win but I think it is too late for that already.

Prove me wrong.

Embarrassed NuggSter

No comments: