Monday, April 28, 2008

Lakers Own Nuggets, Sweep Season & Series



Well, overall, all things considered, it was an Ok season for the Nuggets. 50 Wins in a Season for the first time in 20 years is not bad for a team who lost 2 of it's supposed Starters for majority of the season.

When it comes to the Nuggets against the Lakers, it is plain embarrassing. We might as well have been the Miami Heat out there, they would have probably at least tried harder. I'm not saying that the players didn't try, I'm saying that I figured out the Lakers Offense but George Karl didn't. Hell it even took 83 games for Karl to notice that we had a mismatch against the Lakers. AI, who had a hot hand in game 3 was benched etc. etc.. Karl was probably too excited that his Son was on a Lakers squad that could go to the Finals. Anyway please see all my other previous posts on what I would have done differently.

I am still confident to this day that: "IF I WERE COACH OF THE DENVER NUGGETS, WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN 60 WINS AND OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS AS WINNERS". There is simply no excuse for a team with this amount of talent to not do well, especially against a team comprised of mostly mediocre players like the Lakers. As I mentioned in my post, all we needed to do was recognize and defend their "FAKE & PASS or DRIVE & PASS until they HIT THE OPEN MAN OFFENSE".

If you would like to see my other suggestions for this Denver Nuggets Team, just look at my previous posts. Sometimes I wonder if the Denver Nuggets have any Analysts or Coaching Staff with Brains, or at least some Basketball IQ. Too bad they don't do any research on the internet because we fans had a lot of ideas for this team, oh well.

And with that, with the END OF THE DENVER NUGGET'S SEASON, I END THIS BLOG, and depending on what moves are made during the Off-Season, I'll decide on whether or not to BLOG about the Nuggets again. If Coach Karl is replaced with someone that has FIRE and an emphasis on D, and most especially can control the likes of AI and Anthony, I'll definitely be back.

Till then, I will tuck my tail between my legs and run away like the EMBARRASSED NuggSter that I am.

To the DENVER NUGGETS PLAYERS:

AI & MELO: I specifically hoped (in my previous posts) that you would not try to do it yourselves and to trust in your talented teammates. AI's assists went down and Melo took TOO MANY JUMPERS with a lack of effort to ATTACK THE RIM OR PASS THE BALL. Melo I think you should be humbled by this experience and defer the leadership of this team to AI, learn from him for a couple of years and then take over when AI says you are ready. With Melo as the leader, and everybody FOLLOWING the LEADER, everyone is taking contested jumpers, not attacking the rim, not hitting the boards, not passing the ball and so on and so forth.

MARCUS: I think everybody hates that you take those long shots that are literally that. With your height and athletic ability you should be dunking the ball.

Everyone Else: I really like this team, I just wish it worked out Defensively for you all. I think it is a mix of a lack of good coaching and leadership that did this team in. Kleiza and JR have shown that they can be All-Stars if they put their minds to it.

IF THE NUGGETS PLAYED AS A TEAM: THEY COULD EASILY BE LIKE AN ALL-STAR TEAM.

At the end of the day, we the fans felt like we wanted it more than they did, and we go home to our normal lives after the losses while they go back to being pimpin' millionaires and who knows, maybe they were tired of the season and wanted to "chill"?

I actually wish we didn't make the Playoffs instead of getting sweeped like this, it is more embarrassing & Nuggets Fans will never hear the end of it from the Laker's Fans.

Let's just hope for the best for next season, maybe we can land defensive minded players like Raja Bell who was with AI in the Finals in 2001 and led the Suns to a Win over the Spurs.. Wishful Thinking...

Embarrassed NuggSter

No comments: