Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How the Nuggets should defend the Lakers


Here are my (Non-Expert) thoughts on how the Nuggets should defend the Lakers:

While analyzing most of the Laker highlights I noticed 1 thing that stood out like a sore thumb, all 5 Players are doing what Ginobili is so good at doing:

* Fake + Pass
* This continues until they hit the open man,..

Basically what is happening is the player with the ball makes a fake to get their defender off balance or in the air while other defenders off the ball are either watching the shooter or looking at the basket (basically distracted) while their man gets open and receives the pass from the shooter and WALAH! Open shot.

So the key to defending this would be for all 5 players on defense to always stay in between the ball and their man until such time that the ball is already up above the rim. I would suggest that the defensive player falls back just a little bit so the pass is made then SURPRISE! Steal!!

I hope the Nuggets figure this out because this is how the Lakers are getting so much more assists, then, I hope they are willing to apply this to their next games.

That way, there is NO WAY that the NUGGETS will LOSE AGAIN.

Again though, I am just a fan, so all I can do is Hope and Pray for my Favorite Team to get the Lakers back for all season.

NuggSter

No comments: