Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nuggets Defend Home without Melo & Nene.


Linas, K-Mart and Camby picked up the slack for Melo who is out due to a sprained ankle. To be honest, it was an unexpected surprise to me. AI was his consistent leave-it-all-out-on-the-court self with 29 pts to lead the Nuggets, and same goes for the Minister of D-Fense Marcus who had another Monster game.

I was thinking, if they can't win WITH Melo, how the hell are they going to win WITHOUT him? Well, the answer was simply that the guys who don't usually step up did tonight. Also, the Hawks didn't quite shoot as well as they did the last time they played the Nuggets.

Although as I was afraid of, another career night happened for one of the opposing players wherein Josh Smith got what I believe to be his first Career Triple Double. As I stated earlier, "THE NUGGETS ARE GAINING THE REPUTATION AS THE TEAM WITH NO DEFENSE THAT ANY PLAYER CAN GET A CAREER NIGHT AGAINST."

We still shot poorly from the 3 point line but luckily they didn't do that much better.

All that happened was we won a game that we were supposed to win, yes even without Melo and Nene. I still can't believe we got swept by the Lakers,.. especially by Vujajic and Fisher. =P'

I hope that Linas realizes that this team needs him to be consistently agressive like he has been playing lately.

All I can do as a fan is hope for the best and wish that coach Karl cares for this team at least half as much as I do and does something to fix our issues.

6 NuggSter

No comments: